This is a writing challenge community based off the idea of the 'first lines meme'. The way it works is every Monday a new sentence is prompted. There is no time limit on when you can answer a prompt (though you will get this shiny fiddle made of gold if you make within the 7 day mark) and you can go back through the previous prompts for your inspirational starting point.
Though we are not the first first line writing community to be on LJ, we are the first I've found that allows for all ratings, has only a 100 word min (though more is super duper cool) and is geared towards the writers of all fandoms (cross-overs are a-ok; slash & het are friendly here). Original fiction and non-porny writings are welcome too, as is real person fic, (unless we have problems).
1. Every story posted has to start with the prompted sentence provided. This is ironclad. It must be your first line. Changes are only allowed to the sentences in the case of a blank spot for name, a he/she option or following and ellipses. (...)
2. 100 word minimum with no max limit.
3. Responses are to be posted in a separate post from the prompt post and not as a comment in said post.
4. Responses are to be tagged with the week number it corresponds too.
5. The body of the fic must be below an LJ cut tag, regardless of length.
6. All fic must be labeled with the rating and any appropriate warnings.
Your stories, as well as the characters, can be from any fandom you choose, or you can post original fiction. We accept any pairing or rating.
7. Story headers should resemble something close to the following:
Title: Author: Fandom or Genre: Pairing or Character: Rating/Warnings: Prompt: Disclaimer: A/N: Summary:
8. Feedback. Give it. It takes a lot of guts sometimes to write and people need to know when they are doing a good job. On the other hand, no flaming. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, don't say anything at all. Muses are delicate creatures.
This doesn't have to be a masterpiece. Give us a 15 minute (beta'd please) free-write about your shoes or give us an epic tale of Dean Winchester and Captain Jack Harkness on the S.S. Minnow with Scooby Doo and the gang.
We don't care, we just want to see people get inspired from the first line on.